Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Melissa and Doug Playdough Tools




O LOVES to play with playdough, and until she received this Melissa and Doug playdough tools set, all of her playdough tools were plastic. Since we prefer to have wooden toys for O, I was very excited to find this set of wooden playdough tools. All of the pieces are well made and seem very sturdy. She loves the different rollers (there are 3), and I love the different texture stamps. We are using the chocolate playdough, and it smelled divine! I could have played with it all day! In fact, maybe I should start carrying a little bit of this playdough around with me to help me combat my nausea that is brought on by cooking odors (and the smell of my office. Yuck!).

8 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer wooden toys as opposed to plastic ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this set too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got Jack this same set for his birthday. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Melissa and Doug had a play-doh set! It has just gone on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kellly- There are so many reasons, and my brain is not working so well right now (I had a super long day at work and I am SO tired), but I'll tell you a few reasons...Typically, wooden toys are better quality and longer lasting than plastic toys (obviously this is not always the case). Wooden toys are more aesthetically pleasing to me and hopefully O :) Plastic toys often look junky and annoy me :) Plastic toys often break easily. The wooden toys that we buy are often heirloom quality toys, and they are typically open ended and inspire creativity (unlike many plastic toys). That being said, we do make plastic exceptions :) We love the bilibo; I am VERY excited about the talking viewmaster that I bought for O for Easter, and O has hand me down plastic dollhouses that she adores. However, given the choice we will most often choose wooden toys for O. Hope that answers your question, and now I'm going to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are huge Melissa & Doug fans. They also have great puzzles, play food, art supplies and so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for letting us know about this product. Looks fabbo! We got our plastic playdough equipment from a second hand store for $4 AUS and she loves them. Great score. But I agree with you, something extra special about wooden things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our daughter loves to use metal cookie cutters in playdough (which is great, since I hardly ever use them for baking, lol!)

    ReplyDelete