Chasing Cheerios

Friday, August 14, 2009

Fun with Shaving Cream & Food Coloring


O had a FANTASTIC time playing with shaving cream and food coloring yesterday! She loves activities that involve smearing things and making a mess, so this was perfect for her :) To do this activity, I sprayed a bunch of shaving cream into a baking dish and added a little bit of water. O played with the shaving cream for a little while, and then we added in the food coloring. She wanted green, so I put blue on one side and yellow on the other side, and she mixed them to make green. We continued adding colors and the mixture worked it's way up her arms to her face and all over her tummy :)

We did this activity at the kitchen counter, and I was relieved to find out that O is not too big for a bath in the kitchen sink!

4 comments:

  1. I tried this with my son this week too, but he didn't really like it. I think he just doesn't like the messiness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you put a piece of paper (heavy like cardstock) in the shaving cream/food coloring mixture and cover it with cream, then scrape off the excess shaving cream, you get a really cool piece of artwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been on my list of things to do for a while. I really like the idea of letting Sweet Pea mix the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive been planning on trying this but im confused whether to use food coloring or tempera paint. i'm scared food coloring is gonna stain my sons hands for a few days, what was your experience with staining hands?

    ReplyDelete