Chasing Cheerios

Monday, August 24, 2009

On-the-Go Clothesline

After seeing this clothesline set on Etsy, I knew it was something I wanted to make for O (she needs to practice hanging her baby doll clothes since I'm expecting her to help me hang Little Kicker's diapers once she arrives :).

To make this set, I cut a piece of yarn and tied a wooden bead to each end. Done! I gave it to O with 9 (all that I could find) clothes pins and a bag for storage. I wouldn't recommend using yarn since it's already broken. Also, she is closely supervised when playing with this since the clothesline is a potential strangulation hazard.


O was thrilled to tie the clothesline between her chairs and hang her baby doll clothes on it. She has been playing "baby dolls" contantly these last few weeks, so this was perfect for her :)

5 comments:

  1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this idea! I have been wanting to do some clothespinning activities with my boys but have been hung up on how to make one of those little, wooden Montessori clotheslines. This will be SO much easier and I we can use it as soon as tomorrow. Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to spend $45 on a wooden hill's hoist (Aussie) clothes line for my little girl - no way! This is so simple and brilliant, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always use a clothes drying rack to dry my laundry. So the kids always get to help me put the laundry on and off. And when we dry sheets it makes the perfect fort.

    ReplyDelete