Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

E's Velcro Board


E is always right with us when O and I do Montessori work, but last week I laid out a rug for her and set her up with her own activities. She was so excited that she was practically vibrating :) Her arms were waving, and she was kicking her feet. She loves to be included in everything we do, and she felt like a big girl with her own rug!

I introduced the velcro board, and she thought it was fun (and tasty!). To make the velcro board, I put 2 strips of sticky backed velcro on a board. I put velcro on the bottoms of several objects for her to stick on the board. She loves to pull the objects off and immediately taste them. I watch her very closely and frequently check the velcro to make sure it is not getting loose. Also, I took off any small objects that could be choking hazards. (I made the velcro board for O when she was a toddler). I'll be setting up E's activities on our Montessori shelf soon, and we are all (O, E, and me) very excited about it.

3 comments:

  1. very cool! I can't wait to make one for N!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love that idea! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect idea for a little one year old. My Rue is going to love this..great simple idea. THanks!

    ReplyDelete