Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Easy Crowns for Wisemen (or Wisewomen!)

Both of my girls were wisemen in our church's Christmas program, and they were adorable!  When I first heard that they needed crowns, the thought (very briefly) flitted through my head that I could make felt crowns for them.  That thought was gone before it fully formed because the lady in charge of the play told us we could just get paper crowns from Burger King and spray paint them.  What a great idea!

Here are the Burger King crowns.





I spray painted them with metallic gold paint.





I planned to let O decorated them with jewels and glitter, but we ran out of time and I had to finish them while she was asleep.   I made some squiggles with glue and shook on gold glitter...done!  Both girls love their crowns!




The folks at Burger King gave Grandpa a stack of crowns when he stopped by last week, so I may buy silver spray paint, glue on jewels, and glitter glue for a fun activity in a few months.  Oh, and maybe I'll paint a couple of them pale blue, and we can glue shells on them when we are at the beach this summer, or we could paint them a leafy green and take them with us on a walk along with a glue stick and make an "on the go" nature crown...the possiblibities are endless.  All I know is that we are going to have fun with these crowns!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea! Crowns are always a hit in my house, but the wiseman crowns are a genius play :)

    ReplyDelete