Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Magnettis for O

A few months ago, I asked O what she wanted more than anything for her handmade Christmas gift.  She immediately answered that she wanted a "collection of magnettis."    These magnetic necklaces are easy and fun to make.




I bought unfinished wooden hearts, circles, and rectangles from Hobby Lobby and/or Michael's.  I painted them, and put cute stickers on them. 
















Since the letter stickers are flat, I painted over them with a layer of mod podge.  (the other stickers are puffy, so I left them as is).  I glued a strong magnet to the back of each decorative piece using E 600 glue.  These magnets make me pretty nervous since I have a baby who puts everything in her mouth, so I used super strong glue and will check the necklaces often to make sure the magnets are secure. I made a set of magnettis for O and for my niece. 

2 comments:

  1. I've not heard of magnettis before... why do they need the magnet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a magnet so that you can change the pendants...you only need one necklace, but you have lots of pendants. Very fun! O loves hers :)

    ReplyDelete