Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Personalized Color Blocks

I've finally finished a set of personalized color blocks for E for Christmas.  I'm glad to be done with them and happy with how they turned out.  I hope she likes them!





To make these blocks, I sanded the edges and corners of the blocks before painting them white (I bought the blocks from Casey's Wood Supply).  I then used scrapbook paper, pics of O and E, and numbers and the letters of E's name printed on photo paper to cover the sides of the blocks.  I used mod podge to glue the paper to the blocks and then coated them with a layer of protective mod podge to finish them. 








The pictures on the link are missing, but I will have them up soon (I hope).

12 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS!!! Great job!! I'm sure she's going to LOVE them -- I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are GREAT, I think I am going to do some for my son for his birthday in April...GREAT idea, your lil one will love them...it will be something you could keep and she could pass on(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. I'm sure she'll love them! I have starred this in my google reader for "someday."

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, these are fantastic! I'm sure she would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are darling. I love how simple they are, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I've also seen them done with pictures cut into 1/4's and then you had to "solve" the picture! But I love that these much more simplistic and so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ones with the pictures! I still love Caroline's!

    ReplyDelete