Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Cheerio Treats




The girls and I made these Valentine's Day Cheerio treats yesterday, and they are DELICIOUS!

We melted the butter (about 3 tablespoons) and mini marshmallows (about 3/4 of a bag) using the microwave.  Then we poured in the Cheerios a little at at time and stirred.  I didn't measure how much Cheerios we used...we just kept adding more until it looked right.




We then added in Valentine's Day m and m's.  Yum!




I pressed the mixture in a glass dish and let them sit over night.



This morning I cut them using metal cookie cutters.  This was NOT easy to do, and it definitely would only work with metal cookie cutters. 

There is only one Cheerio treat left...I'm so tempted to eat it, but I guess I'll be nice and divide it with Elliott and the kids in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. The treats look delicious but your mixing bowl made me smile. Looks just like the one my Mom used to use. Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mixing bowl, too. I think it belonged to Elliott's grandmother, and it was one of the few things that was left in the lake house (where we live) when we moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have cheerios, marshmallows and Valentine's M&M's in my pantry! :)Maybe we'll try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother has a mixing bowl exactly like that, too...! Those look delicious--I've never tried making marshmallow treats with Cheerios. Sounds good to me! *Very* cute with the pink and red m-n-m's! I've video posted 3 ways to fold origami hearts, the easiest of which O can probably do if you do it next to her:-)) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're making these for a kindergarten Valentine's Day party - they look delish!!

    ReplyDelete