Chasing Cheerios

Friday, December 9, 2011

Snowmen at Night

Snowmen at Night isn't a Christmas book, but I decided to include in with our 24 books advent books since we love it so much, and I had a fun snow activity planned :) 





We made "snow dough"!  We mixed 12 cups of white flour with 1.5 cups of baby oil to make the snow dough, and it was SO much fun!  We kept adding in a little more baby oil, so we probably ended up with close to 1.75 cups of baby oil.




We put a few plastic animals in the dough, which E(2) really enjoyed.  O(5) loved "cooking" with the dough.


 





I had fun making snowballs :)  This was a pretty messy activity, so it's definitely one for the porch or yard!

5 comments:

  1. Have you read Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner? That one is Christmas themed. :) We haven't had much white stuff around here yet so I my need to resort to making some of that snow dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Snowmen at Christmas because our library doesn't have it. I'm hoping to add it to our collection during my after Christmas shopping, so we'll have it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this! I shared your link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby oil is just mineral oil with fragrance, so it might be fun to mix it with mineral oil to not have that baby smell... And maybe add some mint extract? Or a spice, like cinnamon or ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made your snow! Thank you for the idea. i, however, used canola oil -it's cheaper. I also made a sensory tub out of this snow and my son has been playing with it for an hour! I just wrote about it in my blog. http://healthymamainfo.com/2011/12/sensory-tubs-winter/

    ReplyDelete