Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, June 2, 2012

More of What We Eat

Since several of you asked me to post more pics of what we eat, I decided to do that today.  I've been so busy with O's graduation, doctor appts, planning for Bible School, planning for a baby shower we are hosting, work, swimming lessons, gardening, working on O's yearbook, recital rehearsal, and the dance recital, that I haven't had time to write any posts in a while (I usually write several at once and then just post one a day).  Posting food pics is easy and fast!

This was a fast breakfast on Friday.  They had fresh cherries (E barely ate hers), walnuts, bananas, and watermelon.  They also had organic milk to drink and yogurt drinks.



This was supper one day last week.  The girls had their first ever fish sticks, and they LOVED them.  It's not something we'll have often, but it did make for a quick and easy meat.   They had sugar snap peas, carrots cooked with olive oil, dill, and garlic, fish sticks, cauliflower with cheese, and kiwi with frozen strawberries.



This was lunch (I think) one day last week.  They had cucumbers and tomatoes, frozen fruit (mangoes, blueberries, and strawberries), macaroni and cheese (their first instant mac and cheese...Annie's...they loved it and I added in a couple of spoonfuls of organic Greek yogurt to make it healthier), chicken, and ketchup for dipping.




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Do you and your hubby eat the same supper that you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious, especially the carrots. Seconding Briana's question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briana- Yes, we eat the same things. Our food isn't on trays, so it doesn't look as pretty :) Also, I fix more fruit for them than for us. And we don't drink milk with our meals, and they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really interesting. My kids are older but I seem to remember that at that age, the children either ate loads of protein or loads or carbohydrates. If they were in the carb mode they would only eat carbs. It went like that until they hit about 8 or 9 years old. My youngest is 7 and is in full on carbs mode at the moment. I have observed that carbs eating goes with physical growth and protein with mental development. Have you noticed anything similar?

    Now my eldest girl is 12 and in the grip of puberty the food preferences are back but now it is sugar in the week before she comes on that I am noticing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these! Finding new and interesting ways to present food to my son is a challenge for me. This post has given me some great ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this greats and delicious ideas!!! Thanks for share!!!

    ReplyDelete